Department: Preferred Auto North Service
Reports to General Manager/Service General Manager
Position Summary: Service Advisor
- Previous Service Writer/Advisor experience 2-4 years preferred
- Positive attitude and a continued desire to grow professionally
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and communication skills
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Diagnosis automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Success factor/job Competencies:
- Desire to work independently yet strong team player
Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Duties of job include: walking, standing, and lifting of 10lbs occasionally. Driving daily/ walking daily
Must be able to pass a background check, drug test, and driving test
Apply in person, email or send resume to the attention of Brian Dorsett.
Preferred Auto South Service
9134 Lima Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46818
*Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time